Magic Formula Investing

Using the Magic Formula for investing; based on "The Little Book that Beats the Market" I started a real life test with $50,000 of my own money. The blog described the process, thoughts, pain and ongoing updates on this adventure.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

BACK IN BUSINESS -- an UPDATE on FEB 06 buys

Wow - I am not sure why I have not been updating my blog here. I think I was getting a little carried away with checking my portfolio (too often - see human nature post). So I wanted to get away from it all.

Here is a Numbers update --- because money talks ...:

I had bought 20 stocks in February -- and I still have 17 of them. I switched out a few for various reasons. I am hoping to be able to purchase 7-8 stocks every quarter, so I sold a few that I did not have much faith in -- I had one that was bought out for cash -- and I sold one (Portalplayer -- I will post another update just for that one). The net effect of the "non-standard" transactions (I call them non-standard because you are supposed to hold the stocks for one year) -- the effect was +- 0 -- so I am still able to track the original portfolio's return.

TODAY my February MFI is up 7% -- benchmarks >> SP500 is even and Russell 2000 is down 2% over the same time period. So overall VERY ENCOURAGING and I am very happy with the progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home