Magic Formula Investing

Using the Magic Formula for investing; based on "The Little Book that Beats the Market" I started a real life test with $50,000 of my own money. The blog described the process, thoughts, pain and ongoing updates on this adventure.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Flowers

I should have known -- I invested about $50,000 in 20 different stocks about 1 year ago (anniversary coming up Feb23 ). And today I got my first 100% gainer - FTD Group - they do flowers. Now I just told this to my wife, who really is not very much into stocks and she said "Of course - I could have told you that - people will always buy flowers - and don't forget that Valentines is coming up".

Out of the 20 stocks, this was about the last one I expected to double - but this is part of the learning experience in MFI - it does not matter what the business is - the company has to do it better than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home